Head of Training
Sherburn Aero Club is home to a UK CAA Declared Training Organisation (DTO) providing training for the PPL(A), LAPL(A), Night Rating, Aerobatic Rating and IMC/IR(R) courses as well as offering Air Experience Flights. Reporting to the Accountable Manager, Head of Training at the DTO will be responsible for the following:
- That the training provided complies with the requirements of Annex I of the Aircrew Regulation (Part-FCL) and with the DTO’s training programme
- The satisfactory integration of flight training in an aircraft or a flight simulation training device (FSTD) and theoretical knowledge instruction
- The supervision of the progress of students
- The standardisation of Flight Instructors and the training delivered
- The organisation of the Instructor roster, including appointment of Duty Instructors in the absence of the Head of Training
- The continued safety of the training delivered
- The DTO’s compliance with EASA Part-DTO
- Custodian of examination papers.
Sherburn Aero Club
Sherburn Aero Club is the biggest Aero Club in the North of the UK. Alongside the duties associated with the DTO, the Head of Training will be responsible for the following:
- The administrative functions of;
- The Safety Management System (SMS), usually in the role of Safety Manager
- The Aerodrome Manual
- The Flying Order Book
- Oversight of the Flight Operations conducted at Sherburn Aero Club, alongside the Accountable Manager, Airside Supervisor and Operations Supervisor
- Assisting Club Members with Licensing and Currency issues
- Assist with insurance claims questionnaires
- Have oversite of fleet ensuring we have maximum serviceability to deliver customer needs
In accordance with EASA Part DTO.GEN.210, a suitable applicant shall:
- Possess sufficient managerial capabilities in order to discharge their responsibilities, hold a flight examiner certificate and an unrestricted instructor certificate in accordance with Part-FCL with instructional privileges that are relevant to the training provided by the DTO, including sufficient experience as necessary
- Have a personable nature, allowing them to deal with over 400 members and 15 Flight Instructors
- Possess a “can-do” attitude, promoting Sherburn Aero Club and General Aviation as a whole
- Be professional at all times, insisting on high standards throughout Sherburn Aero Club’s Flight Operations.
We are happy to consider, full or part time, job share, contract or consultant. Remuneration will depend on the experience of the applicant and an agreement reached.
Applications with CV or for further information contact email@example.com
Contribute to UKGA:
Do you have more up-to-date information about
Register with UKGA
Registration is quick and easy, and FREE!
Registered users received the following benefits:
- Remembers "Favourites" Aerodromes
- Automatic email of new Notams (if desired)
- Automatic email of relevant events
- Log Book
- ... and more!