Thanks, Chris, for your response. This is an extract from the CAA Website "To fly non-EASA aircraft (for example amateur built or microlight aircraft) you can use the same medical certificates that you would for EASA aircraft. Alternatively you can declare your medical fitness to the CAA (subject to certain conditions) by making a Pilot Medical Declaration. Such medical declarations are only valid for non-EASA aircraft and for use within UK airspace." So it seems my medical declaration is valid for a LAPL for UK use - or am I missing something? I wanted to know if international travel COULD be permitted and how to go about obtaining it.