Pilot Magazine UKGA

About You

Flight planning

Flight planning New flightplan NOTAM map LARS map & NOTAMs Danger area, mil. & TRA activations Weather map GPS route download Find waypoints Your waypoints New waypoint

Forums

Forums Currently discussing "Logbook entries"

History

Panshanger Aeroderome - Holwell Hyde Heritage - Needs You!

Other items

Articles Events Links News Surveys Tips Other users Feedback UKGA membership About UKGA

Forums > General Aviation

See more discussions in the General Aviation topic
Start a new discussion in the General Aviation topic

Discussion: "Panshanger Aeroderome - Holwell Hyde Heritage - Needs You!"

1. 12 Apr 13 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City

Ref: Panshanger Aerodrome / UKGA

Dear UKGA Community.
I have set up a Website & E-Petition in support of Panshanger Aerodrome; my aim is preserving the WWII Heritage as named ‘Holwell Hyde Heritage’. This is from the wartime name of Raf Station Holwell Hyde which was the home to the dummy factory, which when built using tent canvas and awning ropes, and shaped like a factory, from the air it looked like De haviland at Hatfield. After this the Raf changed its name to Raf Station Panshanger and began a process of training non-commissioned Sergeant Pilots, those who qualified after receiving their wings became Acting Pilot Officers, at least 4800 people were trained at Panshanger during the war years. On the first page of the website is a concrete area between hangers and this was where the graduations took place, on the Parade Ground. I have been in touch with RBL, RAF, the Local Council, Government and many other bodies raising awareness of this important piece of heritage.
This is also an active aerodrome run by North London Flying School and as a local resident whom has been a member there since March 2010, It has enlivened my life and those I have brought there, to use the coffee shop and to attend some of the events. When I was involved with the Save Panshanger group, I found out things like its very useful for youth, the local University & aviation visitors, even the police train there from time to time. Infact there is a lot of positive potential for the aerodrome, something I feel the local council have overlooked. The Heritage is one of those things, if you support the heritage, you support the aerodrome as they both go hand in hand; however this turns out, this is truly worth saving.

The Heritage Site.

http://ab-initio.wix.com/holwellhydeheritage

Please can as many UK supporters of Aviation sign this E-Petition; 1000 will get an acknowledgement from government. 100,000 will get this issue discussed in Parliament.

The E-Petition

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/46036

Kind Regards,

Dean McBride
Founder Holwell Hyde Heritage deanmcbride49@googlemail.com

P.s

I have been pushing Welwyn Hatfield Council to recognise the wartime achievement of Panshanger aerodrome, and last night at the council meeting an Appraisal has been recommended to take place to see if the aerodrome can be listed in the form of an Conservation Area.
2 others like this.
Login to say you like this
2. 12 Apr 13 Mike Fawdrey - Hednesford Staffs
Sent my email
Dean McBride likes this.
3. 13 Apr 13 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
https://m.facebook.com/HolwellHydeHeritage?id=471277696255238&_rdr my updates are posted here on the heritage facebook page as it is easily more accessible as it is linked to my phone. This is not about followers but a quick view of where we are at with the process; Top Secret page on the website is worth a look.
Dean McBride likes this.
4. 16 May 13 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
There is now upwards of 25 mini videos on you tube taken at the aerodrome at Panshanger, so if you want to see the air raid or blast shelters or even up close and personal with the parade ground and blister hangers. You tube have them there and they are also being loaded to the website. There will also be upwards of 11 audioboo recordings also on the history to come.

The main page has been changed and is now looking at the lecture blocks, not the parade ground.
Dean McBride likes this.
5. 16 May 13 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
The Appraisal at the aerodrome will be carried out within the next 3 weeks and will take up to 2 months. I have done WWII research for the councils appraisal to assist them.
Dean McBride likes this.
6. 28 May 13 Oliver Wallace - London
Signed the e-petition
Dean McBride likes this.
7. 28 May 13 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
Thanks Oliver.

www.facebook.com/holwellhydeheritage1 is the new facebook.

Also www.twitter.com/holwellhyde
2 others like this.
8. 31 May 13 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
The Decoy Factory might be long gone but the Decoy Factory Air Raid Relief Shelter is still there and intact. See Videos tab on website: ab-initio.wix.com/holwellhydeheritage
Dean McBride likes this.
9. 31 May 13 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
WHBC have told me that they will have a Contractor in place by the 3rd week of June 2013, to begin the Appraisal of Panshanger Aerodrome to see if it warrants the status of Conservation Area. I also have a meeting in the next couple of days with the owner of the North side of the aerodrome as well as the local MP on the Heritage at Panshanger Aerodrome in 2 weeks time. A Living Heritage Museum at Panshanger maintaining and flying Tiger Moth Bi-Planes where the community have access to is my proposal should conservation area be approved.
Dean McBride likes this.
10. 3 Jun 13 Oliver Wallace - London
Dean,

If there is anything else I can help with besides the e-petition please let me know, I'll have a look at some of the videos as I'd be quite interested in them!

Thanks!
Dean McBride likes this.
11. 4 Jun 13 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
Thanks Oliver, sorry about delay getting back, I was doing more research at the aerodrome today and have finished my you-tube videos, no 25 today at the Guard House. All that can really help right now is a 'mass write-in' to Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council, addressing it to Mandy Perkins or Roger Trigg as they both have a Planning Vote. Just saying why Panshanger aerodrome needs to stay and particularly why its important to preserve our wartime heritage. In the mean time all my audioboo recordings are here:
https://www.facebook.com/notes/holwell-hyde-heritage/heritage-at-panshanger-the-audios/106701269541013 and all my you-tube videos are here: http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?o=U Regards, Dean.
2 others like this.
12. 4 Jun 13 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
All my Audioboos are here: http://audioboo.fm/BigX I think the facebook link don't work.
Dean McBride likes this.
13. 3 Jul 13 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
Decoy Factory protected the Mosquitos at Hatfield; These 2 Mosquitos, NT202 & NT205 were built at Hatfield but served with 617 Squadron, the Dambusters! This is the Link between 'Panshanger Aerodrome; Hatfield de Havilland; Mosquitos; Lancasters; Tiger Moths & de Havilland at London Colney, the Birthplace of the Mosquito Fighter Bomber!'
Dean McBride likes this.
14. 3 Jul 13 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
A snippit of my latest Jack fm Interview on Panshanger.

http://www.106jack.com/news/local-news/panshanger-aerodrome-hopes-its-history-can-save-it/

I will be meeting with other Heritage people & Atkins Heritage this Friday morning at the local council, just to introduce before they start the appraisal of Panshanger Aerodrome.
Dean McBride likes this.
15. 13 Jul 13 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
Hi All.

My history knowledge is not perfect, but I have tried to learn as much as was needed to put a case for Conservation at Panshanger Aerodrome. I don't think anyone would have thought that the local council would have to dish out £13 Grand because of me, but its a small price to pay to save something worth saving; the aerodrome is about a third of its original size...
This is my only social site now: https://www.facebook.com/HolwellHydeHeritage
my website is still a free one:
and signing this e-petition is as important as the community one: http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/46036
I am not a pilot but would hope one day, that will change. When I initially responded to save panshanger, it was not for some selfish reason, but I was responding to a crisis and I had help. Everyone needs help! This history group which is the foundation of the application for conservation was never meant to be anything more than an email to my local MP and hopefully him to take it from there but that one turned out be a dead-end. Just my stick-tuitiveness (if I may coin an american phrase)got me here. I am not looking to do anymore community work after 2014 but I appreciate other aerodromes facing similar problems and my advice to those is to seek conservation areas on them asap with their local councils and keep its efforts in the local paper as often as possible. A couple of stories you might have missed, alt, Dean.

http://www.whtimes.co.uk/news/serbian_royal_backs_bid_to_save_panshanger_aerodrome_1_2256016

http://www.whtimes.co.uk/news/call_for_king_of_the_netherlands_to_help_save_panshanger_aerodrome_1_2246723

http://www.whtimes.co.uk/news/13_000_bill_for_panshanger_aerodrome_historical_survey_1_2267603
Dean McBride likes this.
16. 18 Jul 13 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
http://ab-initio.wix.com/holwellhydeheritage#!photos-2/c21ot some recent added photos; the Raf Mess as seen in the Police Flying Club film on British Pathe 1956.
Dean McBride likes this.
17. 18 Jul 13 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
Taken all the photos at the aerodrome now, that covers the place with a fine tooth comb. A few to put on tomorrow and then its just a matter of getting funding and setting up a professional website with a sunami of de Havilland photos from Farnborough.
Dean McBride likes this.
18. 18 Jul 13 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
http://www.pprune.org/private-flying/369479-panshanger-airfield-risk-again.html

I posted on here to respond to a comment in 2008. I feel I have the evidence against housing but the core strategy will go on untill the law is changed that stops its inclusion of Panshanger Aerodrome. www.facebook.com/holwellhydeheritage would be worth a look today.
Dean McBride likes this.
19. 20 Jul 13 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
I have come to point of needing to go pro.

Hi Dean

Sorry not to reply to your message below earlier – I’ve been for a few days.

Most of our clients do seek sponsorship – and in fact the typical scenario for an enquiry like yours is when a group is considering putting in a funding application, and we provide a quote for the purpose. So I’d be very happy to talk to you on that basis – and can advise on the application. Most of our community heritage websites are funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

If you weren’t thinking of arranging funding, then our costs for a stand-alone site are probably out of reach. To give you some idea, we normally provide a package of services that includes set-up of a website or catalogue, training, graphic design, hosting and maintenance – and the budgets range from £3000 - £6000. That kind of sum is usually well beyond the reach of a private individual or a group’s spare cash reserves.

If you don’t want to consider a funding application, then there might be other low-cost options – but they’re unlike to cover the bespoke requirements for image protection that you mention in your e-mail. However, I’d happy to advise you if you’re willing to speak on the phone – even if you don’t end up using our services.

Hope that helps

Best wishes

Hi Dean

You don’t need to be a charity, no – but you do need to be a not-for-profit group. That means there needs to be a number of people involved (not just one), and you need to have a constitution and a bank account. Those last two are pretty easy to acquire and need not cost anything (when I last checked, at least).

Does that apply to you?

Cheers
Dean McBride likes this.
20. 23 Jul 13 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Save_all_WWII_Aerodromes_from_All_Future_Housing_Planning_Applications_in_the_UK_that_seek_to_Destroy_their_Identity/?cbrFweb Not another Petiton, lol.

This is something which has no end date and can be signed world wide but which has the potential to change UK Law on the way former WWII Aerodromes are treated.
Dean McBride likes this.
21. 27 Jul 13 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
http://ab-initio.wix.com/holwellhydeheritage#!community-forum/cz7a

I have a forum on the website.

Dean McBride likes this.
22. 5 Aug 13 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
I am aimimg to just get a full website put together where multiples of WWII Panshanger photos can be displayed. I have a chat, like on here at MP Grant Shapps forum.

http://www.shapps.com/forum/index.php/topic,8678.45.html

A good trail of Panshanger Aerodrome Conversation; On page 4.
Dean McBride likes this.
23. 6 Aug 13 Aviatrix Aviatrix - Hatfield Aerodrome
Dean

As I have said many times. You have absolutely got to have Peter Kember (aviation solicitor) working on this. He has saved many aerodromes. Enthusiasm, petitions and heritage are certainly not enough, unfortunately and you have supplied those in abundance, which is fantastic, but not enough. You need to have, at least, technical knowledge of the supply of services and transport communications in the area.

I have emailed Peter and he is aware of Panshanger's plight. Please just find out what it might cost to use him. Without him, I have little hope for the future of the aerodrome. With him, you will win, for sure.
Dean McBride likes this.
24. 14 Aug 13 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
Hi Aviatrix.

Sorry, I had missed your post untill what seemed to be a chance meeting at the Panshanger revival day. I have since emailed Mr Kember with all the Infrastructure knowledge I have; I believe the council may feel they have awoken a sleeping giant.

I am awake.

Planning, History & Infrastructure are my angles and I have 2 out of 3 in my favour.
Dean McBride likes this.
25. 21 Aug 13 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
Local news last week; Welwyn Hatfield Council announced the following:

Delay in Borough's Housing Blueprint

Revised plans for the future of Welwyn Hatfield will now not be seen untill Autumn 2014 after a series of setbacks. Plans that were meant to be finalised by the end of the year will now not go out to consultation until late next year. The authority was anxious to make sure the strategy was sound. One of the opposing councillors called MP Eric Pickles plan to finalise the core strategy this year 'Bonkers'.
Dean McBride likes this.
26. 21 Aug 13 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
On 13th September 2013, Panshanger Aerodrome is 70 years old. It was officially born in 1943. Ab Initio - Verimus Calum.

Dean.
Dean McBride likes this.
27. 21 Aug 13 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
Response on 16th August from Thames water and this has been the longest ongoing save panshanger issue.

Email:Customer.Feedback@thameswater.co.uk

16 August 2013

Our Ref :

Questions for our Asset Management team

Dear Mr McBride

I'm sorry for my late response. Please find below the answers to your two questions;

1/ Is there a New 'Direct Connection to the Southern Outfall Sewer at Rye Meads' since 2009

The Southern Outfall sewer is located at Welwyn Garden City. It was constructed in 2003 and has been fully operational since that time.

2/ It said in the 2009 WCS that "It would be better for local authorities to build in other catchment areas". Why was this comment made?

The comment regarding building in other catchments was targeted towards growth proposals in North Herts District and Stevenage Borough where there was the “option” for draining new development flows to either Anglian Water STW’s or Thames Water STW’s. It was the long lengths of potential upgrades to the existing Thames Water sewers that drove this comment.

I trust this information is useful.

If you would like to speak to me about matter, please call me on 08457 200897. Our offices are open between the hours of 8am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.

Yours sincerely
Dean McBride likes this.
28. 21 Aug 13 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
Sent to Thames water yesterday the 19th of August; hopefully they will finally answer Q1;

Dear Thames Water,

It would be fair to say that that the question on Rye Meads Direct Connection to the Southern Outfall has not been answered; thank-you for letting me know about the Welwyn Garden City Outfall and

thank you for your responses so far; I have just 3 more questions to ask, though question 2 has 4 parts; can you please answer the following;

1/ Is there a 'Direct Connection to the Southern Outfall’ at Rye Meads'?

2/ It said in the 2009 WCS that "It would be better for local authorities to build in other catchment areas". The response to this question was:

‘The comment regarding building in other catchments was targeted towards growth proposals in North Herts District and Stevenage Borough where there was the “option” for draining new development flows to either Anglian Water STW’s or Thames Water STW’s. It was the long lengths of potential upgrades to the existing Thames Water sewers that drove this comment’.

a/ Can you please tell me what is the ‘Per Capita Consumption’ rates (percentage in addition to the established flows) in the North Herts District and Stevenage Borough since 2009?

b/ Can you please tell me what percentage of these New Development Flows had drainage diverted to Anglian Water STW & Thames Water STW since 2009, to present?

c/ Have the ‘Thames Water Sewers’ been upgraded since this comment in 2008/9 was made?

3/ How Many Boroughs currently have flows going to Rye Meads WwTw?

Kind Regards,

Dean McBride

P.s

I am keeping Eric Pickles MP, updated on the outcomes of these emails.
Dean McBride likes this.
29. 21 Aug 13 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
On the point of history and a lot of umming and arring and if no one else has, I will be looking at listing every building or half building in the current aerodrome and henry woods (behind) the aerodrome and maybe even the park where the decoy factory was.
Dean McBride likes this.
30. 26 Aug 13 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
Is Atkins Heritage a Development Company?, as one supporter suggested to me. Well that would be something, if the very people carrying out the historic assessment were developers! I have already asked the heritage company the question; they have not denied it!
Dean McBride likes this.
31. 26 Aug 13 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
I don't know if you remember the Slough Estates Fiasco where Welhat Council moved some tennants from the Howard Centre to the Galleria and after a court case and appeal where WHBC lost both, they had to pay them £70+ Million. Something untoward has gone on again with the council, but this time it is called Option 4 and Option 6.
Dean McBride likes this.
32. 26 Aug 13 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
Its Panshanger Aerodromes 70th Anniversary this year, and I only know this by the history research I have done. On the 13th September 1943, Raf Station Panshanger came in to being, it had changed its name from Raf Station Holwell Hyde, created in 1940.

This September the 13th, is its 70th Anniversary, something worth shouting about. I feel enough has been done to stop development this time round, but in 20 years time, it could well succumb to housing. My job here is done.
Dean McBride likes this.
33. 28 Sep 13 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
Hello Again. I thought I should update you with my earlier work with save panshanger. It started in December 2012 and just finished this September 2013. Follow the link below,actual proof that there is no sewerage infrastructure in place to support building on Panshanger; my notes are there on the link page https://www.facebook.com/groups/savepanshanger/
Dean McBride likes this.
34. 23 Nov 13 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
Hi All.

The local council have to carry out a 'Water Cycle Study Review' of the Thames Water, Water Cycle Study of 2009/2010 for Welwyn & Hatfield, because there is no supporting infrastructure for Panshanger. In the new year we begin the last year of AMP5 and the following year is the beginning of AMP6, which would extend past the councils build date.

The responses I received after my Sewerage Report that I handed in to the local council are quite revealing or in other words back up my findings. See Below:

12 November 2013

Our Ref : 33090700

2009 WCS Question

Dear Mr McBride

Thank you for your patience regarding this matter.

Please find response to your enquiry from our Asset Management Team below:

'The 6,400 new dwellings/homes figure refers to the whole of the Rye Meads catchment.

This was the capacity of the STW, less current loading and then divided by an estimated annual house completion rate.

The Water Cycle study was undertaken 2007/9. The 4 years was based on the estimated housing completion rate at a time when house building was buoyant. The number was not spread equally over all the local authorities in question as some had more advanced development plans than others and some local authorities do not drain 100% to Rye Meads STW.

The 6,400 was an estimate to advise how quickly available capacity could be utilised. In hindsight the reduction in trade flows has been more significant than estimated and also customer water use has declined. None of this can be identified in specific numbers as we are only able to report the volumes of effluent discharged to the watercourse by Rye Meads STW. This volume includes PCC, Occupancies, Trade flows and seasonal discharges'....

The Sewerage Report and my Appeal to the Conservation Area have both Not Been Acknowledged by the council, infact no-one has been in touch.

I asked my Final Public Question to the Cabinet Housing and Planning Panel on November 21st (in response to recent revelations); my memorable moment from asking the very long question was that a member of the panel either gasped or nervously laughed at the content; I was too focussed on getting the message across. I am not known for wearing suits, but I went along in one to show the importance I placed on the question.

I have also (by asking the question to the council) withdrawn from all local community activity, which also signalled my departure,(Holwell Hyde Heritage, may or may not stay).

What I want to do in the new year is push the Conservation area issue (as a matter of personal interest) past all recorded boundaries, (if possible). I will probably update the King of the Netherlands and the Crown Prince of Bosnia, having received their kind responses.

I have been in touch with Viscount Trenchard regarding any WW1 connections to Panshanger and other WW1 groups but so far only a POW camp was at panshanger in WW1 and WW2.

I don't own or rent Panshanger Aerodrome, and if the owner wants to sell the land, then that is his right but if that same land is placed in to a core strategy public consultation, and we the public are allowed to have a say, and the weight of evidence (now revealed) against development, should be listened too or followed. I hope this consultation does not turn out to be a 'Token Gesture' or a sign that 'We let the public know'.

If I was to do this all again, I would go straight for Infrastructure.

I would like to thank all the local councillors and planners for responding to my emails and letters over this last year, and wish them well. I hope Panshanger Can Be Saved.

Atb,

Dean.
Dean McBride likes this.
35. 23 Nov 13 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
And I Thank You To,o the UKGA Community!
Dean McBride likes this.
36. 7 Jun 14 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
Hi All. I'm Back!
Dean McBride likes this.
37. 19 Jun 14 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
I guess you can call it my penultimate email response from planning at welhat council. An exclusive list of all the councils and infrastructure providers who signed the 2009 WCS as part of the core infrastructure base for this core strategy. I have emailed a copy of my WC findings to all on the list including central government and local MP's and MEP's of each council and district. That for me is my save panshanger over and now I can concentrate solely on the history at Panshanger. Let the good times roll!!!
Dean McBride likes this.
38. 19 Jun 14 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
'WCS' (in the first instance),lol.
39. 19 Jun 14 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
On the subject of Panshanger History (though I am no expert) and having looked through the outcome of the Conservation Area appraisal again, please mull over the following:

The Panshanger Jet 'SK1'.
The 2 Aerodromes (not 1) (and its Legacy remains).
The 3D Star Fish Site (and as it still remains).
The Living Heritage Museum, which is still doable and I am not the only one to suggest that idea.
The Conservation Report recommends that no more buildings should be built on the aerodrome than the amount curruntly on the aerodrome.

Stories to come in the local press and radio.

Dean McBride likes this.
40. 8 Jul 14 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
Due to the Recent Historical Evidence coming to light through the Conservation Area Appraisal on the aerodrome; I felt it necessary to write again to the First Secretary of State about these findings and request him to Award Panshanger Aerodrome as a Conservation Area, on the remaining active part.

This new e-petition explains this;

http://t.co/QGP1S6MYXe

Please sign and share this around the UK, Thank-you...
Dean McBride likes this.
41. 13 Jul 14 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/67232
Dean McBride likes this.
42. 16 Jul 14 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
I Need this question asked in Parliament; 100,000 UK Signees; the question: 'Make Panshanger Aerodrome a Conservation Area'.
2 others like this.
43. 29 Jul 14 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City

Somewhere in the past with Save Panshanger, is yes, but the Panshanger Residents Committee (aka Panshanger People) were set up when the community were engaged via the save panshanger group. the old save panshanger group (as I call it) came to an end in February last year and like Johnny English was reborn with a new leader and the residents committee continued the fight and still are. I could have had a part to play in all that but alongside saving panshanger, I found myself in a deep personal problem and my focus shifted to that issue and withdrawing from my intense pressure campaign for panshanger to trying to save my personal issue, but alas it was not to be. I have come back now in to the fray and finished off some work left undone when I left the campaign but now the Sewerage Infrastructure partners of the 2009 Water Cycle Study all have a copy of my own version of the 2009 WCS Evidence and I found in particular Harlow, East Herts & Anglian Water were very interested in that doc, shame though that the local council did not carry out their own WCS Review (as recommended by Thames Water). The History also I have found new evidence that states that the Secretary of State can overule WHBC decision on the Conservation Area Appraisal by the heritage company as like with Kenley Aerodrome, Panshanger is also a Factually rare Aerodrome and only 1 of 4 in the UK today. Watch this space. A long winded reply and a vague one in places.
Dean McBride likes this.
44. 29 Jul 14 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Holwell-Hyde-Heritage/620926377929865?ref_type=bookmark

https://twitter.com/HolwellHyde

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/67232

https://www.facebook.com/notes/dean-mcbride/save-panshanger-holwell-hyde-heritage-links-are-here/630250670318918
Dean McBride likes this.
45. 29 Jul 14 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
Untill the First Secretary of State says no;

Planning Listed Buildings & Conservation Act 1990, states the following:

'The Secretary of State may from time to time determine that any part of a local planning authority's area, which is not for the time be designated as a Conservation Area of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, the Character or Appearance of which it is Desirable to Preserve or Enhance, and if he so determines, he may designate that part as a Conservation Area'.

'This Was Their Finest Hour'.
Dean McBride likes this.
46. 1 Aug 14 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
Today I received a letter from the Dutch Ministry of Defence concerning my Panshanger enquiries as a follow up to the King of the Netherlands.
Dean McBride likes this.
47. 23 Sep 14 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
'The Secretary of State may from time to time determine that any part of a local planning authority's area, which is not for the time being designated as a Conservation Area of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, the Character or Appearance of which it is Desirable to Preserve or Enhance, and if he so determines, he may designate that part as a Conservation Area'. 'I have asked the Secretary of State to Designate the Active Aerodrome (the unpettioned part) at Panshanger; also now modernly known as Panshanger Aerodrome as a Conservation Area'.
Dean McBride likes this.
48. 27 Sep 14 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9FpFBOcCGA

Could not remember it off hand; the 1990 act. I had gone down to Panshanger that day just to take photos, but then I thought I might do another utube video for my heritage site. You may not see my famous finger pointing this time.
Dean McBride likes this.
49. 27 Sep 14 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
I feel our best 2 are History & Infrastructure for saving Panshanger Aerodrome. Sport England make a good case too for sport aviation.
Dean McBride likes this.
50. 5 Oct 14 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City

'The Secretary of State may from time to time determine that any part of a local planning authority's area, which is not for the time be designated as a Conservation Area of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, the Character or Appearance of which it is Desirable to Preserve or Enhance, and if he so determines, he may designate that part as a Conservation Area'.
Dean McBride likes this.
51. 5 Oct 14 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94Xci03tvLs

This is part of the 3D Star Fish Aerodrome.
Dean McBride likes this.
52. 5 Oct 14 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
This is my final utube video, untill the aerodrome is reused (as an aerodrome)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9FpFBOcCGA

Its not a bad watch. This has also been emailed to the Secretary of States for Infrastructure; Conservation; Communities & Local Government.

I am handing a letter into 10 Downing Street on October 24th, with a letter to the PM & 3 further letters inside to the secretarys named above.

The next consultation is November, where I will give my 2 Fact Based Objections; Infrastructure & History and then thats it till the Inspector comes down to examine the Core Strategy. I can only do what I can do. Everyone has done their part, no one is greater or lesser in this attempt to save Panshanger, everyone has done their best and every one is equal.

After all this I would like to learn to fly and put all this behind me.
Dean McBride likes this.
53. 5 Oct 14 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
Planning Listed Buildings & Conservation Act 1990
Dean McBride likes this.
54. 18 Oct 14 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
News Flash!!!

Panshanger Aerodrome is the Oldest & Rarest Decoy Aerodrome in Great Britain!

Recent undisclosed evidence.
Dean McBride likes this.
55. 18 Oct 14 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih9QpuXjtMk&feature=youtu.be

This is the one!

Panshanger Aerodrome is the Oldest & Rarest Decoy Aerodrome in Great Britain & based on this data it would be safe to say it is the Rarest & Oldest Decoy Aerodrome in the World!

Based on its use, type, status & age.
Dean McBride likes this.
56. 24 Oct 14 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
https://www.streetlife.com/conversation/33a6jbk8evlmk/

My trip to 10 Downing Street this morning with my Panshanger Letter to the Prime Minister; photo link on my heritage page via streetlife.
57. 24 Oct 14 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
https://www.facebook.com/620926377929865/photos/pcb.825969527425548/825969464092221/?type=1&theater

Just icase other link don't work
58. 24 Oct 14 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Holwell-Hyde-Heritage/620926377929865
59. 14 Dec 14 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
Hi Everyone. I went to the recent council meeting and everything is pointing to Panshangher being developed for housing. I am still believing for a turn around and not because of what i can or can't do; I hope that the community can return to the place and enjoy it once again. I hope the land owners see that there is more to life than just houses. Sure, houses have to be built, but do they have to build on an aerodrome. The council quipped that the recent newspaper story about my rejection by the secretary of state for Panshanger for conservation and the fact that the aerodrome is now closed and to them it is just land. Hatfield Aerodrome is gone, and Panshanger is all but gone, but if you care for any aerodrome in the world, now is the time to stand up for what matters. I am appealing the decision by the secretary of state and for the point of my case. There are at least 7 former Battle of Britain aerodromes remaining but only 4 3D Star Fish Decoys. Please sign the new petition.
Ab-Initio Verimus-Calum.
Dean McBride likes this.
60. 14 Dec 14 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
Sport England was discounted also by the fact the aerodrome is closed.
61. 18 Dec 14 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
Panshanger has been Betrayed by its Lead Councillor. No News there then.

Its unfortunate but not surprising and the Fight continues.

I have for the last 2 years been looking at the pieces of the puzzle and connecting the dots; its a subject some would shrink back from but I thrive on it, as it is to do with Transparency; Integrity & Good old fashioned Justice. I already have one large piece of the puzzle and the other pieces are becoming clearer.

There are a lot of connections that seem too connectable.
Dean McBride likes this.
62. 18 Dec 14 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
I have appealed the Secretary of States rejection of Panshanger to my local MP; how the secretary responds next will determine how I present my Evidence!
Dean McBride likes this.
63. 19 Dec 14 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
I have just sent the WHTimes an email with a letter attached for their letters section, which is basically a 2 and a bit page long evidence on the sewerage infrastructure on the emerging core strategy which affects all the boroughs and districts (which there are 8) in the rye meads catchment area as there is No 'Outfall' at the plant to accommodate development.
Dean McBride likes this.
64. 22 Dec 14 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
November 2014 response from the Secretary of State on Panshanger Aerodrome, not being awarded as a conservation aera. The local council have only acknowledged the decoy factory at holwell hyde not an airfield. The decoy was temporary. The airfield was permanent and with the factory makes it a decoy aerodrome. Now read these comments from the secretary of state from his letter! "English Heritage, my statutory advisor on the historic environment, has recently completed a research study into temporary airfields".

Part of the reason why I am appealing his decision.
Dean McBride likes this.
65. 9 Jan 15 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
I still can't get over the fact that Panshanger Aerodrome is the Oldest & Rarest 3D Star Fish Decoy Aerodorme in the UK. No longer 1 of 4 but the Premier Decoy site in the UK today.

So rare, so unknown.
Dean McBride likes this.
66. 16 Feb 15 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
If you have wondered Why, if there was this evidence about Panshanger Aerodrome's history, why was it not mentioned. The simple fact is the evidence Was supplied, but not used in the heritage appraisal. Fact! which i can prove and reason why I am challenging the Secretary of State's decision.
Dean McBride likes this.
67. 21 Feb 15 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
I went to the public consultation in Panshanger in the week and spoke to the planning & implementation manager about Panshangers' history and the pieces of important historical details left out of the historic appraisal and it is just something we agree to disagree on as it was put to me that the person who carried out the assessment but having spoke to that person, he supplied all the information, and it just was not all used; in my consultation objection on the history, i can supply that information as evidence.

I also spoke to the chief planning officer and pointed out that in the draft infrastructure delivery plan, on the subject of utilities found in utilities 13:27, the recommendation to attach a direct connection to the southern outfall at rye meads waste water treatment works aka sewerage; the southern outfall does not exist and the direct connection put to me by email from the water company in 2013 simply put, 'there is no southern outfall at the plant and there is no intention to add a direct connection to it'. Armed with this alarming evidence I pointed this out to the cpo and also have a newer email this month 2015 which states that they do have a south eastern outfall which ends in the river lee (that's moving away from wgc, not towards) and i put it to the cpo that without a southern facing outfall at rye meads, No development of Panshanger can take place.
Dean McBride likes this.
68. 22 Mar 15 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
Well, Well, Well!!!
Dean McBride likes this.
69. 22 Mar 15 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
Would you Adam and Eve it!
Dean McBride likes this.
70. 22 Mar 15 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
Not long after the Public Consultation in Panshanger (the SEcond one), the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, the RT Hon Sajed Javid MP wrote to me this month regarding my letter to him in Aug/Sept last year requesting awarding panshanger aerodrome as a conservation area; all credit to him, as he is taking it seriously and i had the opportunity to put in my evidence. We are just waiting what will be the final outcome on the history at panshanger, although i will put in one more appeal for the history, probably.

On a seperate note, and about the same time, the land owner removed its application from the local council, to knock down 7 buildings/hangars at panshanger aerodrome.
Dean McBride likes this.
71. 1 May 15 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
Hi UKGA Community, i entered the Aviva community competion with an idea for Panshanger Aerodrome; it's a start.

I would appreciate some votes on it.

https://community-fund.aviva.co.uk/voting/Project/View/924

This link is working now; you have to register first, to vote. There is a drop down menu, up to 10 votes per person. Can be done thru facebook with a little effort.

I would appreciate this link getting out to as many people as possible.

Competition closes end of May.

Regards,

Dean.
Dean McBride likes this.
72. 11 May 15 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
We are up to 505 votes in the last 11 days; the more the merrier.
Dean McBride likes this.
73. 31 May 15 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
Voting is now closed, Thanks to everyone who voted in the aviva competition. Our total votes are a wapping 905. These go in to a draw and takes place on June 4th.
https://community-fund.aviva.co.uk/voting/Project/View/924
Dean McBride likes this.
74. 2 Jun 15 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
Sorry Guys, 'Aviva said No', not enough votes. 4,000,000 votes cast nationwide. Tough competition they said.

Thanks for voting.
Dean McBride likes this.
75. 3 Aug 15 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
Mid July I received the final verdict on Panshanger Aerodrome's WWII History from the new Secretary of State, in which he upholds the last secretary of states letter and that of the local council. So its a no to the history and that also ends my work on it.
Dean McBride likes this.
76. 3 Aug 15 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
So, Sewerage I Presume!
Dean McBride likes this.
77. 3 Aug 15 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
https://attachment.fbsbx.com/file_download.php?id=496756817155292&eid=AStUcGvjy3dJlG0PYhSCZ6gN1d49j-66jqzF7CQpL0I0qmdEf6TWkptX3bnWghZj33M&inline=1&ext=1438636049&hash=ASuSCVI6GQwYg8I5

The link above will take you to the letter from the new Secretary of State, on the save panshanger facebook page.
Dean McBride likes this.
78. 3 Aug 15 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
https://www.facebook.com/groups/savepanshanger/

Incase the first link don't work.
Dean McBride likes this.
79. 3 Aug 15 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
looks like you will have to copy and paste either in to the browser to view.
Dean McBride likes this.
80. 8 Aug 15 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
So, i am planning a show-down with the government inspector over the emerging core strategy aka the local plan, and all that original work i did on the sewerage infrastructure will be making a curtain call because it don't just affect panshanger but 67% of WGC. I know so far the local authority has ploughed on regardless (it seems) But, This Evidence Will be heard.
Dean McBride likes this.
81. 8 Aug 15 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
2016. Watch this space because after i have made the case i will be bowing out.
Dean McBride likes this.
82. 30 Aug 15 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/106779

This link is already posted on another ukga forum but i have posted it here because of my support for panshanger.

10 years ago when hurricane katrina made landfall, the faa grounded a load of planes; the only ones flying were privately owened and a super dc3 flew in to slidell on a mission to bring aid from texas. They made that airfield. That is why aerodromes are important not just for fun; we need our aerodromes saved.
Dean McBride likes this.
83. 1 Nov 15 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
Good Luck James!
2 others like this.
84. 9 Jan 16 Peter Day - Cadnam, Southampton
Hi Dean

I must commend you for your sterling effort in trying to keep Panshangar Airfield open. The problem is that airfields are prime targets as 'brown field sites' for housing, and coupled with uncontrolled immigration from the EU and the influx of refugees from Syria and Iraq (most of whom are economic migrants from elsewhere), the Councils are desperate for suitable land for housing, and airfields are an easy target.

One way of making GA airfields more viable and sustainable is for the airfield owner to allow Hangar Homes to be built on the airfield. That would at least retain the airfield, and subject to planning, conventional houses could be built behind them without airside access to satisfy the Councils needs.

Anyway check out my website: www.hangarhomes.co.uk, and if it's not to late then forward it onto the local Council for Panshangar for their consideration. You never know, this may well satisfy the own and the Council, as well as the locals that want to keep the airfield.

Kind Regards

Peter Day

Dean McBride likes this.
85. 21 Jan 16 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
Hi Peter. Thanks for your message, good idea but Panshanger is tied in to a tug of war between the local council; landowner; several major developers; local community with varying degrees of support and a few Waco types like me who have to prove what was in the pudding all along by the end of this year when the Govt Inspector comes down to inspect the Local Plan. Me personally, I am going to have the local plan thrown out! after that preventing housing development based on its unsuitability based on the lack of infrastructure which is in this case is plain Sewerage. I have just recently sent off my definitive letter to the water company asking them to answer my 2 years worth of specific research on admissions in the 2009 water cycle study. I plan to nip it in the bud this year; whether this does anything is another thing as sooo much evidence has already been provided by the community that it comes down to plain stubbornness being the common obstacle.
Dean McBride likes this.
86. 21 Jan 16 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
As one person put it to me, doing the history is very commendable but it will be the infrastructure that will do it.

I do not aim to eat my words, but I am planning on going back to the Panshanger Aerodrome after this, hanging up my spurs and enjoying once again an out of the box big breakfast and learning to fly!

Dean.
Dean McBride likes this.
87. 26 Feb 16 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
I have written to TW regarding the 2009 WCS on the sewerage infrastructure and am waiting for a response; they are not only late in responding but they have not acknowledged my letter; I have now my local MP looking in to it for me; as things go, the history has been hit and miss but the infrastructure evidence is writing on the wall.
Dean McBride likes this.
88. 18 Mar 16 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
Well, I did eventually get that email but only after my local MP contacted them, in response to that email and research carried out by a major developer last year, I sent this email below to the local newspapers; It is eye-opening; The History side of things is over, now it's back to Plan A.

Dear Editor,

I have been asked to send this in to you in regards to Actual Confirming Evidence from Thames Water which came via research on the internet and which was carried out by the agents (THDA) of Lafarge Tarmac's, in light to offer an alternative solution for their proposed development.

THDA submitted a Developers Enquiry to Thames Water in 2015 and they received a response from Thames Water in September 2015; the outcome of the enquiry, outlined in the Thames Water Utilities 'Sewer Impact Study'

"Confirmed that whilst the existing network has insufficient capacity".

The network that Thames Water are stating to THDA is that the 'Entire Rye Meads Catchment area' which has 8 Boroughs/Districts flowing waster water aka foul poo is beyond the ability to cope. Thames Water have claimed in a recent revision of the 2009 Water Cycle Study which was carried was completed in June 2015 that there is enough capacity at Rye Meads Waste Water Treatment Works but to get the waste water there, it has to pass through sewers that have Insufficient Capacity. On the other side of the Network which feeds in to Rye Meads; the East of England Plan from 2006 had already shown signs of over capacity and you know like the sand castle on the beach, when one artery is full, the others back up and over flow.

Lafarge in their attempt to remedy and in their own words 'These options confirm that whilst there is an insufficient capacity in the network, two storage options are available to provide a local solution to the capacity issue "in-case upgrades to the waste water and sewerage treatment works do not take place to facilitate planned growth (aka Rye Meads).

In the East of England Plan, Public Examination on February 15th 2006, the Environment Agency pointed out that 'concerns about the ability of Rye Meads sewerage treatment works (STW) to handle future demands without breaching EU environmental standards and that known technology, believe does not provide a solution for doing this within Rye Meads so that an alternative approach has to be looked for'.

In the same 2006 examination on the subject of Rye Meads, 'Rye Meads as we mentioned before, presently serves a very large area which includes Stevenage and Harlow. The scale of the development that is proposed across the catchment will almost certainly require higher standards of treatment and just to explain that, and the comment that you made, is that if you increase the loading on the STW's the available dilution in the water course is less therefore the technology to meet the standards has to be that much higher. What we're saying is that with the proposed population growth, the technology is not available to meet the standards beyond that which it can meet at the moment. And I have to say that Rye Mead is an exceptionally highly developed and highly efficient works at the moment'.

In the 2015 Draft Infrastructure Delivery Plan revised by Welwyn Hatfield Council, which is a revision of the 2012 plan of the same name, it states the following; 'Service Planning, Utilities 13.27: Thames Water have identified that to deliver broad location for growth around Welwyn Garden City & Hatfield it is likely that the following infrastructure and infrastructure upgrades will be required; A New Direct Connection to the Southern Outfall at Rye Meads' In Utilities 13.30: 'Failure to provide the upgrades required could result in adverse impacts such as sewer flooding and pollution of water courses'.

In the earlier '2012 Draft Infrastructure Delivery Plan', it also states, the original text; 'To deliver broad location for growth 1 (North East of Welwyn Garden City); A New Direct Connection to the Southern Outfall at Rye Meads will be required'.

I have investigated the 2009 Water Cycle Study (WCS) and found that there is No Southern Outfall at Rye Meads, what they are talking about in these draft plans is connecting a trunk sewer (a new one) to the southern facing point of Rye Meads waste water treatment works from WGC bypassing the current sewers which (and at the time they would have known would happen) have insufficient capacity. Our local sewer is the WGC Southern Outfall and now this has insufficient capacity - Unusable, in my opinion. That then connects into the Mimram Trunk Sewer before that connects in to the North Western Outfall Sewer which brings tons of waste down from Stevenage areas. Just so we are clear on the timings and are not led astray by similar facts; the WGC Southern Outfall was connected in 2003. The Draft Plans are 2012 & 2015. In a March 2016 email I received from Thames Water, as I had asked some stern questions on infrastructure, they said that they believed the 'Direct Connection to Rye Meads' relates to connecting to the Mimram Trunk Sewer, but in a 2013 email from Thames Water on the same question believed it was the WGC Southern Outfall.

In the March 2016 email by Thames Water they said in regards to 'building in other Catchments' related to Maple Lodge Sewerage Treatment Works but in a 2013 email by Thames Water on the same question it was in response to Stevenage and North Herts.

On the Subject of Maple Lodge Sewerage Works, which covers part of Hatfield, it reads in the March 2016 email by Thames Water the following; 'Maple Lodge WwTW has capacity to deal with known growth in the catchment until 2031. However, by 2031 the majority of the capacity will have been used leaving limited residual capacity to deal with increased housing allocations not currently listed. We will need to model the growth scenarios to confirm at what point a growth upgrade would be triggered. Within the Maple Lodge catchment is also Blackbirds WwTW and the interaction with Blackbirds WwTW is crucial to the flow received at Maple Lodge. We will also be considering sewerage network capacity needs in the upper reaches of the Maple Lodge catchment to deal with large scale growth in the future'.

Now that is 2016 and it sounds ok, now read the following from the 2012 Draft Infrastructure Delivery Plan by Welwyn Hatfield Council; 'Water Supply; Maple Lodge WwTW - Current flows are approaching the current process and hydraulic capacity at the WwTW. Creation of additional capacity would require the construction of new assets, which would require changing the layout of the existing site. This is further complicated by the fact the North of the site is at High Risk of flooding.'

Some other key facts to mention, in the 2009 WCS it states very clearly (past page 70) that 'there is ONLY 4 years worth of residential development left'. The figure they gave as the max total for the catchment was 6,400 homes; it is debatable whether there are 7 or 8 districts in the Rye Meads catchment, but lets assume 7 for now. 6,400 homes divide by 7 leaves, not very many! To add to this point, even the WCS Stakeholders were alarmed in the 2009 WCS, they state; 'There is some concern from the WCS stakeholders that solely relying on the wastewater treatment at Rye Meads WwTW is Not the most Sustainable solution in the long term, especially given the low flow issues in the upper reaches of the rivers in the catchment.'

In the revised Water Cycle Study June 2015 ; it states on page 61. 5.25: 'Any changes in consents to (attempt to) meet the requirements of the Water Framework Directive will be the factor most likely to "Restrict the use of Rye Meads WwTW in the future". As established above, there is Theoretical Physical Capacity to accommodate the quants of development considered in section 4.'

On Saturday the 12th of March 2016, I went along to the Mariposa Exhibition being run by their agents Hard Hat in respect of the Panshanger Aerodrome development in association with the HCA (Homes and Community Agency).

I asked the senior person there 10 questions on the planned development and how that ties in to local and cross border infrastructure.

Unfortunately the chap was not aware that as of October 2015 it became law to use SUDS in all developments; suds is 'Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems' and also Portable Water has to be used, and that basically means making what is drunk or flushed more water efficient, by at least 25%, so the use of suds ties in with water efficiency; they go hand in hand. The chap thought the water would be managed as water run-off in to the water course, which was permissible before the law changed last year.

What they will have to do is separate the sewer water from the rain water, sewerage goes in a sewer but rain water has to be recycled back in to the proposed development so that it can be used as toilet water; for heating and garden use and to do that they will have to have a an on-site Water Tank that has the capacity to hold up to 30 Million Litres of water. Portable Water is by way of Water Meters; every home will have to have one and the 2009 WCS expects people to drink less and use less water in the following years to enable Rye Meads to stay afloat.

Their intention is to build 1000 houses and that being the reason behind knocking down all of the hangars on not just the South side but the North side of Panshanger Aerodrome.

As for connecting to the sewer, he felt that they would connect to the normal one being his answer and the normal WwTW will be used.

The Portable Water that can be used in properties is 110,000m3 / day and although this is in the 2009 WCS it was first agreed back around 2000 in AMP 3, we are currently in AMP 6; AMP periods are in blocks of 5 years (AMP is Asset Management Period. which runs alongside the water companies similar patterns).

My parting comments were that this development cannot go ahead as the sewer network has insufficient capacity for it and that the WGC Southern Outfall, is full. Water cannot fully go in to the local water courses as that will cause Flooding to Hertford as they have 3 separate rivers meeting there; this was something the chap was not aware of.

I plan to oppose the Local Plan & Private Development of Panshanger Aerodrome.

Kind Regards,

Dean McBride

Holwell Hyde Heritage

Ab Initio - Verimus Calum
Dean McBride likes this.
89. 18 Mar 16 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
The email above was sent yesterday.
Dean McBride likes this.
90. 1 Apr 16 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
Hi. I suppose the biggest breakthrough on the whole Panshanger issue since 2012, has been the admission by TWU that the Rye Meads Sewer Network has insufficient capacity and what that means in layman's terms is that 7 Boroughs/Districts including Welwyn Hatfield, Broxbourne, East Herts & Stevenage has insufficient room to send any more waste water aka what we flush, to Rye Meads. This evidence came out after THDA submitted a developers enquiry last year. TWU also have stated that they can accommodate 17000 homes in the same catchment but in the 2009 WCS it was given as 6400 for the catchment.

Beginning of next year is the Government Inspector looking over the Local Plan and Boy! he has his work cut out, as it won't be a walk in the park; I hope he comes prepared, I will be.
Dean McBride likes this.
91. 28 Jul 16 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
Hi UKGA.

Focussing on the Sewerage Infrastructure (mainly) since 2013 & having had an admission from a major utility company, and a major developer, the final piece of evidence came through today on the author who recommended the direct connection to the southern outfall at the sewerage works for Panshanger who for many it does not exist.

The infrastructure failure will speak for itself; half an hour with the government inspector next year will set things straight.

Always thought the information did not add up; of course they can just ignore it but the evidence is the writing on the wall.

While development still continues in panshanger and a reprieve for the aerodrome, i look forward to a fully restored aerodrome.

Dean McBride likes this.
92. 25 Aug 16 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
HI UKGA. THE EVIDENCE IS IN; THIS FIRST LINK, IS THE LONGER EVIDENCE;

https://m.facebook.com/groups/462592113779518?view=permalink&id=1194586433913412
Dean McBride likes this.
93. 25 Aug 16 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
THIS IS THE 3 PAGE DIRECT TIMELINE EVIDENCE; THE ONE TO READ;

https://m.facebook.com/groups/462592113779518?view=permalink&id=1194587473913308
Dean McBride likes this.
94. 25 Aug 16 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
The End.
Dean McBride likes this.
95. 24 Sep 16 Peter Day - Cadnam, Southampton
Hi Dean, is anything happening at Panshanger with regard to housing development? Looking at the site, about 40 Hangar Homes could be sited adjacent to the existing houses to the south of the airfield, with roadside access from the existing road. If the local council will allow them, they would virtually guarantee continued flying operations at Panshanger as well as make the airfield more sustainable.
96. 11 Oct 16 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
Save Panshanger
Panshanger people
The Last Big Push!

I know it's a lot but I have to ask!
Please share as much as possible

Can everyone on here please follow the instructions below? If we do not, the Airfield will revert back to gravel and housing. There is a real chance it will happen!

See, what has happened is the council had a meeting last Friday and decided that the airfield was not viable. But we have submitted a plan and can make it work and have proved with the experts that it can be done and have the backing to make it work. On top of that I want to make it a community led airfield and will have people on the board from the local community.

The new layout is at the end of this, and we now have an access road off the old entrance. But I know I lot of you will find it a hard pill to swallow by supporting the plan as it is today, but if we do not and it is changed at the next CHPP meeting, we will loose the Airfield as it is the way our council are swaying towards. But if we support the plan as is now and enough people go with it, then the council must continue with it.

I was right about the gravel and the writ, so please believe me now. We must get behind this. In a nut shell it's time to give and take or have it taken away.

Ok deep breath.

Bare with me here. I have to explain this in detail as we had a big following of the older generation at the airfield and the support of young and old matters.

Go to the link below. It will take you to consultation page.

http://consult.welhat.gov.uk/portal

At the top r/h side, click on login/ register.
On the box that pops up, make up a user name and password.
On the next page, click on the blue bar register as a consultee.
Next page, fill in your details.
And agree to terms and conditions
Click on green tick.
Next page, confirms you have been sent an e mail. Go to your e mail in box.
Click on link highlighted in blue.
You have to re log in with your user name and password.
Next page, put in your details home address etc., click ok.
Now the bits marked with a red Astrix are the main bits so no need to fill in disability and that.
Scroll down, click on green tick.
Next page, do you live in borough,etc., just fill it in to your best knowledge and click OK.
Next page you have finished registration.

Stick with me on this.
The next home page is a list of subjects.
You need to scroll down to line No.4.
Draft local plan policies and maps.
Click on blue writing.
Click on view and comment.

Next page: Part B

No.4 - Click (Yes )

No.5 - Click (Yes )

I know but we have to do it.

No.7 - Click (No)

No.9 - (tick all three)

Feedback form (yes)

How did you hear? (Put web site)

We monitor? (Put Yes)

In the last box, cut and paste this letter:

PANSHANGER AERODROME

Dear Sir,

As local citizen of the Welwyn and Hatfield Borough council, I express how delighted that our councillors on the CHPP Committee have made a great decision to include Panshanger Aerodrome as part of our local plan. I support the decision of Welwyn and Hatfield borough council to reinstate the aerodrome. I believe this would be a great asset to the borough by creating a great mixed use opportunity of an aerodrome with; learning and sports activities in flying, as well as creating much needed jobs and investment into the local community with the engineering and development aspect. I know a local businessman has put a plan forward which incorporates all these things. I am in support of his vision to the future of the aerodrome. This action shows that the council are considering the local community and creation of jobs in the local community as well as gaining the housing. This shows great initiative on behalf of the council and I give it my whole hearted support.

End.

Click OK.

*Fingers crossed.*

Thank you
Colin
Dean McBride likes this.
97. 11 Oct 16 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
Hi All.

A local businessman called Colin Fitch has a viable plan to save and reuse the portion of Panshanger Aerodrome the local council did a u turn on a couple months back. If we don't get enough written support before the end of this month the aerodrome is earmarked to revert to full housing.
Dean McBride likes this.
98. 13 Oct 16 Alan Radford - Derby
I think you would get a better response if you posted this request for support on a busier forum like the Flyer forum.
https://forums.flyer.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=1
99. 21 Oct 16 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
Thanks Alan.

Dean McBride likes this.
100. 20 Oct 17 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
Hi UKGA.

Panshanger Aerodrome's prospective new owner to be;

https://www.facebook.com/thenewaerodrome/

Dean McBride likes this.
101. 20 Oct 17 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
And, My date with destiny is next Thursday at the Welwyn Hatfield Public Inspection of the Local Plan. I have a juicy 9 page statement and 8 appendices of even jucier infrastructure evidence. It is whether a £48 Million Super Sewer will be built. My 2012-2017 Infradtructure Investigation.
Dean McBride likes this.
102. 20 Oct 17 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
Hi UKGA.

I know I have not posted on here for a year (apart from the 2 posts above today) but I have just completed a microscopic investigation of the 2009 Water Cycle Study and the Draft Infrastructure Delivery Plan concerning the local authority and a utility company, now that the light at the end of the tunnel is next Thursday 26th October 2017, On Friday I am looking at going back to the history of panshanger aerodrome hanging up my sewerage title for good which was how I managed to get a meeting on August 4th 2017 with the utilities company Executive team for planning. I am (at least for a few more days) the local community sewerage infrastructure expert of the rye meads waste water treatment works catchment area. I am also the founder director of Holwell Hyde Heritage which is one of the titles used at Panshanger as Raf Station Holwell Hyde during WWII.

To recap what I have already done on the history:

Historic Appraisal carried out by Welhat Council costing £13K
2 Secretaries of State both said no to me to a conservation area.
HMQ Elizabeth II said no to Royal Assent.
No buildings were listed anywhere on or off the aerodrome concerning the aerodrome.
Tried to procure the nearside wartime hangers with parade ground as a Living Heritage Museum for Tiger Moths.
Tried to get Memorials carried out on the Parade Ground.
Wrote to the King of the Netherlands and he responded.
Wrote to the Crown Prince of Bosnia who responded and said 'The History Should Be saved'.
Contacted British Pathe who after a 2nd search of the archive found a mislabelled film which is now the widely used Police Flying Club at Panshanger Airport.

I have a history website which then became post war aswell on panshanger aerodrome: www.ab-initio.wix.com/holwellhydeheritage

The motto of the website and what I truly hoped for with the Panshanger Aerodrome is: 'Ab-Initio Verimus-Calum', which means

"From The Very Beginning, To High In The Sky"
Dean McBride likes this.
103. 9 Dec 17 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
I have discovered I have a knack for identifying & proving sewerage infrastructure constraints; i have just recently put this to the test in regards to an aerodrome in Essex called Andrewsfield; it took me 7 weeks. The nearly 5 years I spent on Panshanger (was my proving ground).
Dean McBride likes this.
104. 19 Jun 18 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
WoW. Congrats to Andrewsfield; the local plan has been found unsound on Infrastructure by the North Essex Gov't Inspector. West of Braintree Garden Community.

Good to see aviation survive these obstacles.
Dean McBride likes this.
105. 28 Jun 18 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
Update on my attending the Hearing Session on the allocation of sites in the Welwyn Hatfield Local Plan June 27th 2018;

I attended; I spoke; I left.

I had 7 questions to ask; 2 to WHBC; 3 to litchfields representing the 2 panshanger developers 'Mariposa & Homes England, formerly the Homes and Community Agency' & 2 to Thames Water. All 7 questions relate to each question.

After my first question the gov't inspector cut me off and the other 6 were not asked tho I did say the others were similar.

It looks like the inspector has already made up his mind on panshanger and he seems in favour of housing.

I am disappointed with myself in that I could not address the mendacious and prevaricating behaviour i have experienced from several infrastructure partners of the local plan and literally 2 weeks before attending the hearing 2 pro panshanger housing developers had a copy of minutes of a meeting I attended that was a private and closed meeting and those minutes were used as supporting evidence on the inspectors question 25.

I will be explaining this dishonest behaviour in detail to my MP. The question worth noting and my final post as, as it stands we have to accept the death knell has been sounded already on panshanger aerodrome and the dishonest behaviour by the local authority and utility company might be acceptable in some circles, it is not acceptable in mine.

Ab-Initio Verimus-Calum
Dean McBride likes this.
106. 28 Jun 18 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
This is a transcript of the question i asked at the Panshanger local plan hearing, yesterday;

'How is it possible for a set of minutes from a meeting I attended on August 4th 2017, that I had arranged between myself and Thames Water and Thames water had included WHBC to attend, that the unfinished minutes should end up with Litchfields who are representing 2 developers at Panshanger (Homes England & Mariposa) when the meeting I arranged with Thames Water was a private and closed meeting with Thames Waters Executive Team?'
Dean McBride likes this.
107. 12 Jul 18 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
HATFIELD AERODROME REOPENING SOON

you have till midday tomorrow to comment in favour on this application; the drop down box is automatically set on object so you need to change that to 'support'.

Follow this link;

http://planning.welhat.gov.uk/plandisp.aspx?recno=88265

Support Colin and the Community.

Thanks.
Dean McBride likes this.
108. 12 Jul 18 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
I HAVE JUST BEEN TOLD ANYONE CAN COMMENT IN SUPPORT; JUST ENTER YOUR ADDRESS BUT LEAVE OUT THE POST CODE.

CHANGE THE DROPDOWN BOX TO 'SUPPORT'
Dean McBride likes this.
109. 16 Jul 18 Dean McBride - Welwyn Garden City
Colin tells me the cut off point is the 19th July.
You will need to be logged in to post to these forums. Sign up now!

About You

Airfields

Interactive airfield map Search by name Search by postcode Search by location Fuel prices Pilot reviews Latest
(No favourites selected)

Flight planning

Flight planning New flightplan NOTAM map LARS map & NOTAMs Danger area, mil. & TRA activations Weather map GPS route download Find waypoints Your waypoints New waypoint

Forums

Forums Currently discussing "Logbook entries"

History

Panshanger Aeroderome - Holwell Hyde Heritage - Needs You!

Other items

Articles Events Links News Surveys Tips Other users Feedback UKGA membership About UKGA