- Best Quality and value of food / drink: Sleap Airfield
- Best Standard of runway: Newquay Airport
- Best Landing fee / handling charges: Eggesford Airfield
- Best ATC / AFIS / A/G service: Hawarden Airfield
- Best Friendliness of welcome: Eggesford Airfield
- Best GA pilot briefing facilities: Guernsey Airfield
Re Roger Piper's mnemonic/acronym - I use SWATCH when lined up and cleared for take-off. A little less graphic, I know, but -
SW - Stopwatch set running; makes calculating take-off time time easy as I invaribly forget to log it.
A - Altimeter set to QNH/QFE as applicable.
T - T's and P's checked, transponder ON.
CH - Compass heading matching DI setting and runway numbers.
I'm sure there are many other variations.......
PS - Mentioning QNH/QFE reminds me that my first Instructor, Ray Webb, was fond of using QNR. Give in? It stands for 'Quick Nip Round'....