- Best Quality and value of food / drink: Sleap Airfield
- Best Standard of runway: Newquay Airport
- Best Landing fee / handling charges: Eggesford Airfield
- Best ATC / AFIS / A/G service: Hawarden Airfield
- Best Friendliness of welcome: Eggesford Airfield
- Best GA pilot briefing facilities: Guernsey Airfield
Wondering how high the cloud base is? This is the technique I regularly teach to my students... It works!
Temperature - dew point multiplied by 400.
E.g. temp 15°C - dew point 11°C = 4 (i.e the difference)
4 x 400 = 1600
The cloud base is likely to be at 1600ft.
Try it out!