Welcome to UKGA, general aviation's home in the UK — to more than 23000 people!
- Best Quality and value of food / drink: Sleap Airfield
- Best Standard of runway: Newquay Airport
- Best Landing fee / handling charges: Eggesford Airfield
- Best ATC / AFIS / A/G service: Hawarden Airfield
- Best Friendliness of welcome: Eggesford Airfield
- Best GA pilot briefing facilities: Guernsey Airfield
If you're having trouble mastering the dark art of landing, ask your instructor to land it while you video it from the left-hand seat. (Even a digital stills camera will do if it has a video function.) Then put that on your PC or TV and watch it continually before your next lesson.
It's a fantastic way to get the 'picture' fixed in your brain, and it lets you isolate the bits that you find most difficult and focus on them. Plus it's a heck of a lot cheaper than doing it for real.
s this.Laura Raison like
Login to say you like this
Tip provided by Max Drift
Follow UKGA on twitter here