- Best Quality and value of food / drink: Sleap Airfield
- Best Standard of runway: Newquay Airport
- Best Landing fee / handling charges: Eggesford Airfield
- Best ATC / AFIS / A/G service: Hawarden Airfield
- Best Friendliness of welcome: Eggesford Airfield
- Best GA pilot briefing facilities: Guernsey Airfield
So if the wind is:
15 deg off use a quarter of it as cross wind
30 deg off is a half
45 deg off is three quarters
60 deg off use the whole.
This works for cross wind, drift (calculate the maximum drift for your TAS and apply the RoT) and for ground speed adjustment.
Once you have worked out the principle in your head, flight without formulae is yours!