- Best Quality and value of food / drink: Sleap Airfield
- Best Standard of runway: Newquay Airport
- Best Landing fee / handling charges: Eggesford Airfield
- Best ATC / AFIS / A/G service: Isle Of Man Airport
- Best Friendliness of welcome: Eggesford Airfield
- Best GA pilot briefing facilities: Guernsey Airfield
I.F.R.E.D.A.I --- I = Ice ON Carb Heat to Hot, go through the remainder of the checks and last of all I = Ice OFF Carb Heat to Cold.
This gives the heater time to eliminate any ice or draw your attention to any icing which may exist, as opposed to a 'Quick' Heat 'On' and 'Off' as the first item on the check list.
Same with the Pre-landing checks--
At first I = Ice -- On Carb Heat to Hot -- remainder of checks carried out -- Last item I -- Ice Carb Heat Cold (if required some aircraft keep it on below certain RPM).
In my check list for the Pup it states 15 secs Carb heat applied for the carb heat ground check.
Not a quick On -Off --- 'See if it's working' type check.
Another Carb Ice / Fog warning tip.
Ambient Temperature and Due point Temperature -- close together --- Beware !!!!!