- Best Quality and value of food / drink: Denham Airfield
- Best Standard of runway: Newquay Airport
- Best Landing fee / handling charges: Eggesford Airfield
- Best ATC / AFIS / A/G service: Hawarden Airfield
- Best Friendliness of welcome: Eggesford Airfield
- Best GA pilot briefing facilities: Guernsey Airfield
If you are exploring a valley, always start from the top down, as many aviators have found themselves facing a valley wall that is climbing at a faster rate than their aircraft can manage. Instinct is to try and pull out of it, but this normally results in a stall followed by a spin. If you do find yourself facing a valley wall, simply fly as slowly as possible onto the area ahead of you and you stand a far better chance of survival than trying to pull out in a turn.
Sobering stuff, but it would surprise you the number of pilots, particularly in Alaska who have lost their lives without knowing this simple advice.