Welcome to UKGA, general aviation's home in the UK — to more than 22000 people!
- Best Quality and value of food / drink: Sleap Airfield
- Best Standard of runway: Newquay Airport
- Best Landing fee / handling charges: Fishburn Airfield
- Best ATC / AFIS / A/G service: Hawarden Airfield
- Best Friendliness of welcome: Eggesford Airfield
- Best GA pilot briefing facilities: Guernsey Airfield
Noticed how hard it is to get a good look at your watch with heavier winter clothing on for T/0 times and ETA etc? Why not wind up that old PA28 clock on the panel, it winds clockwise, ratchets the other way. Hands are changed by pulling the knob out, adjusting, then pushing back in.
If it says "quartz" you fly much more modern planes than me, and they probably keep excellent time.
Back up with an occasional glance at your own in a quiet moment just in case just to check it's keeping time.
s this.James Kilford like
Login to say you like this
Tip provided by Dave Hall
Follow UKGA on twitter here