Welcome to UKGA, general aviation's home in the UK — to more than 23000 people!
- Best Quality and value of food / drink: Sleap Airfield
- Best Standard of runway: Newquay Airport
- Best Landing fee / handling charges: Eggesford Airfield
- Best ATC / AFIS / A/G service: Hawarden Airfield
- Best Friendliness of welcome: Eggesford Airfield
- Best GA pilot briefing facilities: Guernsey Airfield
Maximum-rate descents are useful for getting down quickly if you have an in-flight emergency. If you're not current with the procedure, you should be. Find out about the practice for maximum rate descents in your aircraft. Bear in mind that it's quite a stressful maneouvre for the plane.
Tip provided by James Kilford
Follow UKGA on twitter here