- Best Quality and value of food / drink: Sleap Airfield
- Best Standard of runway: Newquay Airport
- Best Landing fee / handling charges: Eggesford Airfield
- Best ATC / AFIS / A/G service: Hawarden Airfield
- Best Friendliness of welcome: Eggesford Airfield
- Best GA pilot briefing facilities: Guernsey Airfield
One of our FIC students suggested that we should supply some tips and as we are great fans of UKGA.Com we thought, why not!
Our first tip is:
READ ALL THE PREVIOUS TIPS!
40 years in professional aviation has taught me that you can learn from anybody regardless of their experience or licence type. It takes humility to accept sometimes that someone with less experience than yourself can come up with a better way of doing something. I am constantly looking at ways to improve my own performance and improve my teaching. I spent the first 10 years in aviation thinking I was a pretty hot pilot but the last 30 years realising I still have some way to go!